If your goal is to offer support and relieve the anxiety experienced by patients and families coming for services at the hospital, than an Ambassador role can be the best way to make that impact.
If the following is the case with you, please consider applying for one of these positions.
- You are comfortable approaching people you do not know.
- You project a warm and confident manner.
- You enjoy informing and assisting people in an unfamiliar environment.
- You like to take the uncertainty out of a situation or experience.
- You are able to provide wheelchair transport (with training).
Ambassadors serve in key departments as patients access their care and family members are looking to stay connected to their loved ones.
Current needs are for one or two four hour shifts weekly at Kent Hospital:
- The Main Lobby - Monday through Sunday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- The Gift Shop - Monday through Sunday, 9 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Current needs are for one or two four hour shifts weekly at Women & Infants Hospital:
- The Emergency/Triage Department - Monday through Sunday, 12 p.m. - 12 a.m.
- Central Patient Registration - Monday through Saturday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Main Lobby - Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Specific shifts will be based upon availability.
Please review our program requirements to ensure your understanding of the commitment and expectations involved. Overviews of particular roles will specify if the requirements differ.Program Requirements
Positions with Infants
Please be aware that all of our volunteer positions with infants are currently filled. If any do open up, we will review submitted applications for these positions. Therefore, you should complete our online application if you would like to be considered for a cuddler role in the future. Since the program is designed for minimal turnover, recruitment is not ongoing.
In addition to the overall volunteer requirements, some additional standards are:
- A minimum commitment of a weekly shift for at least one year
- CPR training which is maintained throughout your service